Before Installing Indy
Before installing Indy, please make sure that you have installed the most recent updates to Borland’s products. We recommend this because we have heard a report of an installation failure with a fresh CD install without any update packs. We recommend this to all users as Borland sometimes has to fix some serious problems which appear after official releases that will effect your programs. Please select the appropriate link if you have not updated your Borland product.
Delphi 4 Specific Notes
Borland Delphi 4 Standard Edition does not include the SyncObjs and we will be discontinuing support of Delphi 4 Standard Edition. Please see our explanation for the decision.
Delphi 6 & 7 Specific Notes
Before installing Indy into Delphi 6, you must remove the Indy version that is included with Delphi 6. You can do this in the Add|Remove Program Control Panel applet and having Borland’s installation change your Delphi 6 configuration. This is necessary because Borland’s install may attempt to repair the Delphi install causing a conflict with Indy 9.0.
Borland Delphi’s installation mistakenly will install Indy debug units in your lib\debug directory even if you chose not to install Indy and those files may be left behind if you uninstalled Indy using Borland’s installation. To try to fix this problem, the Indy 9.0 install will ask you if you want it to delete some Indy files from your Delphi 6\Lib\Debug directory. We recommend that you click Yes to prevent conflicts between your Indy debug units and the new Indy code. A conflict might occur if you have Borland’s install repair Delphi. If that happens, go to your Delphi ?\Lib\Debug directory and delete all of the .DCU’s that start with the Id prefix and take a lot of care with this or you will delete .DCU’s that you really need.
Indy 9.0 Downloads
These releases are maintained and distributed by the Indy Core development team.
Note: These contains source files only with no installation support or precompiled binaries. If you need further help, please see the support page.
- Current Development Snapshot (Recommended) – These are the files directly from our Version Control System. Information.Note that the versions below are older and CONTAIN BUGS. It is HIGHLY recommended that you download the development snapshot above.
- 9.0.18 Source code distribution (posted on 11 November 2004)
- 9.0.17 Source code distribution (posted on 25 October 2004)
- 9.0.15 Source code distribution (posted on 14 October 2004)
- ZIP – Windows distribution for Delphi 4, Delphi 5, Delphi 6, Delphi 7, C++ Builder 4, C++ Builder 5, C++ Builder 6
- 9.0.14 Source code distribution
- 9.0.13 Source code distribution
- 9.0.11 Source code distribution
- 9.0.10 Source code distribution